HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Garalon Vid and suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ghoulz

PostSubject: Garalon Vid and suggestions   Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:19 am

1:25ish

This video clearly shows how he's supposed to be kited. Notice how every single puddle is against the wall almost, and how the boss walks in a nice square pattern. Also notice that the feral (which would be saga in our grp) is only chasing back legs to kill (90% of the time), since the tanks can easily kill the front ones, and he's always in range of heals.

5:28 - You want your raid stacked up in the middle, you want your ranged to be mainly nuking the body, dotters can dot legs if they want, melee killing the legs.

Enough of this bullshit chasing legs around.
Each leg dying takes 3% of his hp, i understand, but 6.5 mil hp legs = 3% of his hp (3% of his hp = 6.5 mil).

The whole raid is positioned nicely behind his back leg, humping that circle in the floor. To be quite honest, Ranged IMO should never really swap to legs after the initial 4 go down, unless the leg circle is right near u. Moving = waste of time and dps, and makes it harder for healers to keep range of you all.

Last edited by Ghoulz on Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghoulz

PostSubject: Re: Garalon Vid and suggestions   Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:20 am

From Fatboss's youtube comments

Q - Our Garalon keeps sitting in the wall. we cant kill 2 of his legs. how do you keep him more in the centre of the room?

A - The person who is taking the pheremones stacks needs to cut the corner. It will help you avoid his frontal cone and keep him chasing you without hitting the wall.

Also, been reading that 3 heals is overkill (but I dont see how 2 is possible for us, since our 3 heals are strugging). Some ppl have mentioned that maybe Tubby should be dps/healing on legs with saga? Read a thread saying a monk did 35k dps/40k hps by dps/healing legs with melee. Possibility?

Overall, I feel its 50/50 problem between kiting and healers atm.

PostSubject: Re: Garalon Vid and suggestions   Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:10 pm

First, our kiters are our healers. We have healer kite and heal that seems like make job more difficult. Second, for dps legs or not, I guess we gotta do the achievement style then? achievement is basically don't kill any of his legs. or like you said, kill first 4, then never touch it again. so range never has to move around except dodge the purple circle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghoulz

PostSubject: Re: Garalon Vid and suggestions   Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:44 am

sophiezhong wrote:
First, our kiters are our healers. We have healer kite and heal that seems like make job more difficult. Second, for dps legs or not, I guess we gotta do the achievement style then? achievement is basically don't kill any of his legs. or like you said, kill first 4, then never touch it again. so range never has to move around except dodge the purple circle.

1st - Zulfi mentioned Ministry have 2 tanks and 2 heals kite. (I think we should have 2 tanks, me and Platen)

2nd - We do have to kill respawning legs, but I think we should leave that to sagara (and Tubby, if that dps healing thing works out)

Edit - Honestly Id love to have a healer (anyone actually) kite instead of me, so I can focus not only on DPSing boss, but calling out movement for kiters, since that seemed to work really well last time.

PostSubject: Re: Garalon Vid and suggestions   

Back to top Go down

Garalon Vid and suggestions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1